Wednesday, November 6, 2013

"Wall" Bangle and more upcoming holiday events

 
 
This is my first attempt at something that I want to look like a stone or brick wall.  Although I like the design, it's not my desired "look", I think it looks more like camouflage blocks.  Which I am ok with.  I did fall absolutely in love with this matte silver/pewter base color while making this piece.  This color ended up cropping up in my next little checker bangle and earring set.
 
 

As much as I have been trying to make some more holiday-looking pieces, I've given up and am just going with the flow.  There's a new lariat leaf necklace in an interesting Fall-colored combination that is over at Grove Gallery for our Holiday Preview Night this Friday.  I'm also finishing up a few more pieces for that.

Lansing Art Gallery is getting a refresh of my jewelry on Friday and they are having their Holiday Open house on Tuesday, November 19th from 5:30-7:00pm.

The following weekend I will be at Washtenaw Community College for the Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild Holiday Sale. One day only, Saturday, November 16th, 2013. 10:00am-4:00pm

 
Are you ready for Holiday Sales? Because I think I'm getting there....


No comments:

Yes, And weaving update; Half Way

I am just about to the half way point on "Yes, And" which is in the the yellow weft, the brightest color in the middle of 9 differ...