Thursday, January 31, 2019

Klingon Bangle Light: Beadweaving Structures Combined Bangle


In making this latest piece I haven't come up with an official title yet.  This is one of those structures that has been floating around in my head for quite a while.  I just had to pick the colors and go for it, which I finally did.  There was a range of purples, blues and greens I was playing with and this green to blue really spoke to me.  I thought that I'd end up going to my dark gold 15/0 seed beads for the netting but I felt I should change it up.  The cream worked out very well and this piece is a spark of summer color on this -14 degree F sunny winter day.


Clark likes to "help" in the studio

This large bangle combines my smaller bangles with a netting design woven through them. The inspiration for this design...get ready for a nerd alert...is from Worf's sash on Star Trek: The Next Generation. With these color choices this bangle obviously wouldn't pass as a Klingon but I have to be honest about it's start.


I will get some better photos of this piece, but I was so excited to finish it I had to get some images up.  I am enjoying the long winter shadows in some of these photos, so for now enjoy this quick update.


4 comments:

Sue said...

Love the net frame, great design!

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning. Love the design and the colours!

Fiona said...

Jenny, this bangle is wondrous. Do you have a tutorial or pattern for this? I love the open spaces that really draw your eye to the bands of colour.

Jenny Schu said...

Thank you Fiona. It's one of my favorites and was fairly difficult to make. I do not have a pattern or tutorial. I make many things up as I go and this is one of them.

Playing with Fire (Small Weaving)

I doodled these matches back in 2015. I had gotten divorced, I was out a lot and "playing with fire" was feeling like the best des...