Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Update for the Weaving with the Long Title: Edging

I decided that the title of this weaving should be a quote from Chris Thile when he was the host for Prairie Home Companion/Live from Here. It's a ridiculously long title and I hope to not make that mistake again but it fit perfectly how I feel about social media: "Is There and Thing to which Brings Us Less Joy Yet We Devote More Time."

We waste so many hours scrolling through social media allowing it to tug our emotions in a million different directions or distract us from what we need to be doing or would rather be doing. Weaving is what I would rather be doing so here's my visual on how I feel about the whole social media situation in my life. 

I've decided that I want the edging on this piece to be different than my other wall hangings. The netting stitch I use would complement this weaving's design as it's much more linear. So I started stitching my netting stitch before I thought to "audition" it with the weaving.


At first I thought it would look fine until I stepped back from it.  I had gotten almost 27 inches done before I took a look at tucked around the edge of the weaving and decided it's too big and too distracting. So that's been set aside for who knows what and then I made 2 smaller stitched samples.

Middle Size Edging open

Middle Size Edging around piece

The "middle" size that I stitched looks ok, but I wanted to check one more option: 

Smallest Edging Open

Smallest Edging wrapped around weaving

Bryan helped me confirm that the smallest of the nettings looked the best and were the least distracting,  so now I'm working on that (among other things as you'll notice on my Instagram) in the evenings while we wind down in front of the TV. 


No comments:

Pantone Color of 2024: Peach Fuzz Bracelet and Huggie Earrings

I usually like to do something with the Pantone Color of the year when it comes out, this year is Peach Fuzz, which doesn't feel very e...