Monday, March 7, 2022

Joy: A Week Off

Last week I didn't do a "Joy" post; I had the week off of work and was taking a "Staycation" since I had to use my vacation days up before I lost them.  I didn't feel Joy.  It happens. The lack of a schedule was a struggle for me, I get overwhelmed easily with all of the stuff I "should" be doing or getting done.  I set my goals of what I "should" get done much too high and can forget to enjoy myself. Monday I cried a lot. I had kept myself busy Saturday and Sunday. I think I've just been avoiding emotions that I needed to deal with and this was the week and time I had to do it. I journaled a lot, got on the elliptical, went to meetings had deep conversations with Bryan. 

Somewhat recently I heard at a meeting "Don't Should all over yourself." So I tried to carry that through the week and I did end up enjoying myself.

I got into the groove of having the time off the last 2 or 3 days. So those were really productive, looking back on the week I did get a whole lot done but I also relaxed.  Naps are the best and they're even better with my snuggle-buddy, Clark, who curls up with me on the couch and purrs under the blanket the whole nap.

I'm glad I had the week off to start painting the trim for the garage, start working together on wedding plans; we went to Cranbrook Art Museum to see Olga de Amaral's show To Weave a Rock.  Ultimately the three days off I had with Bryan were the best days.  With how busy things get and our work schedules don't quite line up I often forget how we can see each other in passing but not really have those deeper conversations or get to touch base. It was a good week but I have to say, I'm glad to be back to work today!

No comments:

Yes, And: Second Sample and Checker Colors

Before I got going on the full-sized weaving for " Yes, And " I tried a second sample warp with a little bit of color in the black...