Thursday, February 17, 2022

Reflections on 40, and a Weaving Update

New glasses, getting ready to go bowling

Well, I woke up this morning and everything hurt. I had to remind myself that it's not because I'm 40 but that we bowled for like 3 hours with a big group last night. I had a generally long day for my usual day off and then lots of friends out with us which was awesome getting to catch up. I forgot how much overstimulation wears me out though!  After bowling we went over to the Avenue to play some pinball and then finally wound down sometime after midnight. 

I'm dragging today but I think I was prepared for that to happen for the most part. We had a lot of fun and I'm thankful for everyone who came out, also those who texted, called, posted on my social media and private messaged me.  I'm not a huge fan of my phone blowing up and having to respond to people but at the end of the day I was very grateful and also sometimes surprised at those who remember my birthday. I'm terrible at birthdays and will have the best of intentions then completely forget or get busy/distracted.

I'm also thankful to report that at 4 decades I've finally found a doctor I like, gotten all the tests and questions and mammograms' and everything and I have a surprisingly good bill of health considering. I picked up a sweet new pair of glasses this morning with an updated prescription and I'm ready to take on the next decade being able to read road signs better at night. 

My current weaving "Is There a Thing to Which Brings Us Less Joy, Yet We Devote More Time" is plugging along.  I've approximated that on a good week where I weave a little every day I'm getting about 3 inches done. I have been making the beaded edge for this weaving in the evenings and I put it along the edge...I'm not sure I like it.  More on that issue later.

I really don't have much more to say in this 4-decade reflection, because otherwise I'd just gush on and on about how wonderful life had become (and I guess that's what my weekly Joy posts are turning into).  Someone once told me to wait until my 30s, that's when I'd have everything figured out and life gets easier (boy was that wrong).  I'm a late bloomer. My 40s are going to be great though!

2 comments:

Daphne said...

40s are AMAZING

Jenny Schu said...

It's already looking better!

Pantone Color of 2024: Peach Fuzz Bracelet and Huggie Earrings

I usually like to do something with the Pantone Color of the year when it comes out, this year is Peach Fuzz, which doesn't feel very e...