Monday, June 3, 2013

Dabbling in Beaded Double-Leaves

Since I took a beadweaving class with Huib Petersen 3 years ago, I have been really focused on perfecting my knowledge of Beaded Leaves and what I call beaded "Pods" (which is where the leaf is closed up the middle).  I'm mixing them up now with color and some new forms, but have not gone into beading multiple leaves and petals all at the same time.  For some reason, I'm adverse to getting out those instructions from the workshop and going over and over them until I have it properly memorized.

Daphne Necklace Variation $160.00
 
I've started playing with two connected leaves/petals at a time.  It's not quite working out in my head yet, but they're fun to play with.  I was going to take a closer look at it while on the flight to Seattle or while Zack was working, but I was having way too much fun exploring the city instead.

Tiny Bangle Variation $45.00
 
So keep your eyes peeled for a few new pieces with petals all connected.  I've got a few ideas rolling around in my head for these!

No comments:

Pantone Color of 2024: Peach Fuzz Bracelet and Huggie Earrings

I usually like to do something with the Pantone Color of the year when it comes out, this year is Peach Fuzz, which doesn't feel very e...