Monday, April 30, 2012

Michigan League of Handweavers Biennial Exhibit


Two weekends ago I spent the day in Jackson, MI at the Ella Sharp Museum for the Opening of the Michigan League of Handweavers Biennial Exhibit.  I had submitted 3 pieces to the show, all of which were accepted.  The juror for the Exhibit is Sherri Smith, my Fibers Professor from my BFA at the University of Michigan.  It's kind of a weird thing going submitting pieces to a show where you know the juror knows your pieces.

I submitted the Pac Man Bangle (which I still need to create a power option for exhibiting it with the LED lights), the Goldfinch Feather bangle and a weaving named "Flipped and Tangled" that I finished hanging the day before it was due.  The above photo is the beaded end of the dowels for hanging the weaving.  I didn't get a final photo of the weaving before I turned it in, bear with me, I'll post a blog about it when I get it home.

I received 2 Honorable Mentions. One for the Pac Man Bangle and the other for my weaving.  Thanks Sherri!

There are a ton of great weavers and fiber artists here in Michigan, so it was tough competition.  The show at Ella Sharp is absolutely beautiful, the space is amazing.  The show is up through June 16th and you can make a day of the museum since they have a great restaurant to boot!

No comments:

Golden Boundary Bangle [nope.]

It's interesting, a couple weeks ago at the Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild meeting I was asked if I was still making jewelry and the short an...