Thursday, August 1, 2013

Art Deco Bangle and Earrings

 
 
I've been thinking a lot about where I started with my beadweaving and the designs I used to draft.  When I was making amulet purses, I used a lot of inspiration from Frank Lloyd Wright.  When I think about it now, I was just hitting the tip of the iceberg on where I could have gone with the geometric lines and stained glass imagery.  The size of my work has also gotten much bigger since those days, which allows me to play even more with color and the size of lines.
 
 Art Deco Bangle  $200.00
 
I decided to start simple with this 1.75 inch wide bangle.  I love how it turned out and had to make a pair of earrings to match.
 
Art Deco Earrings $55.00
 
The earrings I decided to make pointed on either end to mimic the points on the bangle.  I rarely use uneven-count peyote stitch, but it was the best way to make the points.  I was reminded why I don't use uneven-count. The back-tracking through the beads to get this shape just usually isn't worth the time it takes!  But I do feel it's a solid design, so I'll be making more of these in different colors.
  
In progress:
I had a lot of fantastic feedback from this image I posted on Facebook and Instagram! 
Thanks everyone! 

No comments:

Pantone Color of 2024: Peach Fuzz Bracelet and Huggie Earrings

I usually like to do something with the Pantone Color of the year when it comes out, this year is Peach Fuzz, which doesn't feel very e...