Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Forest Through the Trees, part 4, Weaving is off-loom!


There is nothing like weaving off the final portion of a piece and cutting it off the loom.  It's such a feeling of excitement as I have been wondering what the piece really looks like, as a whole, the entire time I'm weaving it.  The top photo is the side that I could not see while I was weaving, the bottom photo was what I was seeing portions of as I wove along. 


I am hoping I will have this all hemmed up to bring to the Trunk Show at the Lansing Art Gallery this Friday (7pm-9pm)


The above detail is the beaded edging that I will be sewing to the weaving.  Details as to why I'm doing the beaded edge are in THIS blog post.

http://www.lansingarts.org/
This activity is made possible in part by a grant from the Arts Council of Greater Lansing

No comments:

Yes, And weaving update; Half Way

I am just about to the half way point on "Yes, And" which is in the the yellow weft, the brightest color in the middle of 9 differ...