I haven't officially finished a total piece from the 2 day class but instead learned new techniques and how to utilize them. I have done angled peyote stitch with the Russian Leaf stitch before and Huib has taken this to a new level. The above image shows the flower petals before being pulled together. Below is after you stitch the centers and edges.
The pattern for the workshop was a water lilly, mine still needs the next 2 layers of petals and to be put together through the center. I did make a finished lilly pad which is really pretty. It also made me utilize bugle beads in a manner that I have never really thought about.
I have started in on a dragonfly wing to learn how to graph out the angular peyote and do increase and decreases. My brain is whirring with ideas for these new techniques. But when I got home I had to finish my tapestery weaving! So here this project sits, waiting to either be finished or set aside so that I can make new fun pieces from my own designs. I cannot wait to get my own piece finished so that I can share pictures and my appreciation with Huib.