Wednesday, October 13, 2021

New Jewelry Headed to Galleries: Old and New Design Favorites

 

It seems that whenever I think about "holiday colors" I lean into deep reds and purples.  I popped in lavender this year and am getting ready to bring some pieces to Lansing Art Gallery. I also plan on updating my work over at Angelwood Gallery in the next month.


The above long thin necklace design that I originally created to go with a dress for Capital City Film Festival's opening night a few years back is creeping its way into my repertoire.  I love the chunky dense look of my leaf lariat necklaces but lately I want a lighter, simpler, thinner option to go with a more wide variety of outfits. This piece is 5' 8 1/4" long and meant to be wrapped in various ways.


The Daphne Leaf Variation necklace has been sold so often I had forgotten about it.  I recently posted an old version on social media for a #TBT post and had a friend order one from me.  I realized that I really didn't have any left and I should get back to making this necklace option. Part of the reason I hadn't made any was I had run out of decorative clasps for the front and the prices have really jumped up on them! I have a few in my bead stash again so I'll be making these again.


Triple pod earrings are definitely one of my favorite earring designs right now. I'm working to make a pair every time I change my color pallets.  They are really interesting statement earrings and the way they come together in this form is very pleasing to me.


Bracelets that clasp.  My bangles are a somewhat standard size but  I do realize they are too tight to slip over your hand for many.  Especially the wider they get the less flexibility they provide to squeeze over a wrist.  My clasp bracelets designs don't provide as much structure (which from an artist-non-functional-standpoint is one of the things I love about the bangle structure) but they offer the option to fit more people.


Making earrings allows for color play as I get bead arrangements organized.  


Then yesterday, as I was laying out my work to take photos I came upon the above arrangement.  I'm not sure how to explain it other than is a bit like a draft for a future idea or piece of work. When the beaded pods come together they create a mesmerizing structure.  I've done one non-jewelry piece like this and I clearly need to keep playing. You can see Cleavege HERE.


No comments:

Neon with Muted Greens and Tan Jewelry Multi Loop Checker Earrings and Bangle

Between perusing Pinterest for current color ideas and watching the movie  Poor Things  I had the urge to play more with the neon green-yell...