Monday, March 8, 2021

Video: Beading a Russian Leaf Earring

 


Yesterday all I wanted to do was bead. Which is a change of pace; I haven't felt like beading for a while. I knew I would eventually want to again, might as well work on some video for it. I've been working a new large bangle also, but I'm not sure if it's done yet so I defaulted to leaves.  Above is a 5x sped up time lapse of making one Russian leaf earring from my You Tube channel. 


I've had some requests for leaves on my website's shop, I'm working on it. This leaf set is available HERE.  I picked these seed beads up on Bryan and I's last camping trip in Wisconsin 2 summers ago. We stopped in to Madison where I lived at one point in my life and I was excited to see that one of the two the bead shops, Tropic Jewel, was still there. 


I had other things I thought I was going to get done on my day off yesterday. I was pretty distracted by the sunshine and a desire to go skiing but I was waiting until today because it was going to be warmer and sunny all day.


Rare images of me modeling new earrings.



Today I got some spring skiing in. Mt. Holly opened at 10am and I was there early to jump on these freshly groomed runs:


As with my tradition for spring skiing, its tank top or bathing suit weather.  I skied until my legs hurt; it might be my last chance this season.  Now I'm playing catch-up at home before I get back to work tomorrow.






No comments:

Golden Boundary Bangle [nope.]

It's interesting, a couple weeks ago at the Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild meeting I was asked if I was still making jewelry and the short an...