Thursday, January 9, 2020

Tiny Leaf Earrings


I know I keep saying that I'll be making less jewelry, but I did want to do a quick post about these tiny leaf posts I made over the holidays.  I think I finally solved my problem of getting these pieces on to posts in a manner that I am happy with which is still stitched on.  


These actually came about with the extra small delicas I was working with for The Classic Cuff Bangle.  I wanted to try making a tiny leaf for my second ear lobe piercing which I usually wear a smaller earrings in.  The above white ones worked perfect.  


So I made a few for my holiday shows to see how they did.  My customers who don't wear dangle earrings are really appreciating this new design and they have gone over quite well. I think I'll be continuing to make them in between my weaving and house projects. 


To be honest, I also was excited to have them for the below display (I tried out at Not So Silent Night).  I've been lugging around this old display that they were throwing away at Chico's when I was at the Boulder, CO store and I am happy to have a good use for it!  It's a nice little display for the dangle earrings too, but not when they're too long and really they look less messy displayed in the top of the luggage case I use (below photo to the the right).


No comments:

Yes, And weaving update; Half Way

I am just about to the half way point on "Yes, And" which is in the the yellow weft, the brightest color in the middle of 9 differ...