Thursday, July 25, 2019

Scent of Lilies


I'm preparing a small show of my older, rarely viewed, work and I decided it would be a good opportunity to get good photos and document these pieces online.  Scent of Lilies (small version) was a sample for a commission piece, but I'm not great at sampling so it came out as a smaller version of the large piece.  


The technique used here is Theo Moorman Inlay weaving, a style which the design lays on top of the base woven fabric.  The base read weaving is a heavy linen and the lily design is a variety of yarns I picked from my stash. 


The measurement on Scent of Lilies (small) is 24.5 inches long by 13.5 inches wide.

The show is going to be called "Awkward Phase" and it'll be at the Haslett Library's bookshop called Bookends August 8th through the end of September.

The reception for this show is Saturday August 10th from 2-4.  There will be an end of summer family party going on at the library on this day too (so come early and bring the kids!).  Parking will probably be tight, but you can park in the Haslett Middle School lot close by.

1 comment:

krumkakes said...

The closeups are LOVELY!!

Golden Boundary Bangle [nope.]

It's interesting, a couple weeks ago at the Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild meeting I was asked if I was still making jewelry and the short an...