Monday, February 5, 2018

Leaf me Alone #1


This is the small version of a much larger draft.  I needed to get back to my passion of double-weave pick-up with a small piece after having exhausted myself with triple-weave pick-up.

Detail of beaded edging

I really am enjoying doing some smaller pieces so I might stick to those before warping my loom for the massive plan I have for this particular series.  I have been making so much jewelry I forgot how good it feels to play with extra warp on double-weave.


"Leaf me Alone" was started as a thought process when I was married and miserable, but in general, I need a lot of alone time.  I don't mind (and sometimes prefer) doing things alone, skiing, dancing, concerts. I was lost in the woods a few times on my Porkies Residency, and the leaf cover was always so comforting.  Loneliness is important for me, I suppose it's like meditation. I feel very fortunate to have found someone to share my home with who feels similarly.  We do things together, but we don't need to.  So the Leaf me Alone series looks like it will continue popping up in the next group of smaller weavings (and by small I mean, approximately 15in x 10in).

No comments:

Yes, And: Second Sample and Checker Colors

Before I got going on the full-sized weaving for " Yes, And " I tried a second sample warp with a little bit of color in the black...