Monday, February 13, 2012

Pearl Birthday Bangle


This past weekend I had the house to myself, so, beads everywhere!  I've been finishing up commission pieces, and it dawned on me, that I haven't made a piece for myself or based on one of my own outfits in a very long time.

I've got a dress that I'm planning on wearing out dancing for my 30th birthday so I decided it was time.  This really basic bangle idea has been in my head for a while, but I've had other things to be beading. 

The edge beads are a brown/purple/maroon copper matter bead depending on the light.  The center pearls are a dyed purple color and this strand has been calling to me for some time to use them together rather than just accents on my other pieces.



I had a really hard time getting a decent photo of this, so my apologies.  You'll just have to come see it in person.  Now to decide which other bangles I want to mix this up with!

No comments:

Playing with Fire (Small Weaving)

I doodled these matches back in 2015. I had gotten divorced, I was out a lot and "playing with fire" was feeling like the best des...