Saturday, November 19, 2011

Geometric Holiday Bangle


We have a few holiday events to attend and I usually get a fun new cocktail dress that goes into a rotation with all the others.  This year's is from Jeanologie in downtown East Lansing.  I have really been into red this fall, which is a color I normally loathe, but I'm completely smitten with it right now!  The dress has some interesting angles and a tiny bit of texture. It is a simple, fitted, strapless design and I wanted to make a bangle that would mimic the angles of the dress.

Below is the dress on my form in the basement (sorry for the unflattering picture):


I thought about putting some LEDs into this bracelet design, and I still might dabble with that and place an on-off switch on the interior of this bangle.  BUT.  I used a matte delica seed bead for this piece as the main black and they break very easily.  I wouldn't try to force these beads to take any more thread and especially conductive thread.  



Thanks Michelle! (at Jeanologie)



You can also purchase this piece from my Etsy shop HERE.

No comments:

Yes, And weaving update; Half Way

I am just about to the half way point on "Yes, And" which is in the the yellow weft, the brightest color in the middle of 9 differ...