Friday, January 2, 2015

Hot Spings National Park Hike


The first hike of the New Year was around the Hot Springs National Park.  I didn't bother with the observatory tower since it's been foggy and rainy.  There wasn't much rain this morning so it was perfect to venture into the woods.  There were wonderful pops of colors through the fog and rock formations.



There were also some areas where we saw many different birds flitting around.  Most interesting were the Brown Creeper (a bird I've never seen before!), Titmouse, Junco and the Downy Woodpecker.  Adding to the 2015 bird list are the Sparrow (not a house sparrow, need to look that one up), Robin, Gold Finch, Crow and the Cardinal.  



I love the coloring of these mushrooms growing off of dead-fall.



After the hike I got cupcakes from Fat Bottomed Girl Cupcakes (great name!) and headed toward Ouachita National Forest.  By the time we hit some trail heads it was raining pretty hard so I drove on toward Eureka Springs, Arkansas.  

I also have been getting beading done.  On the way down I finished a purple bangle and earring set for New Year's Eve.  Then I started in on a bangle bracelet idea that I had sketched out and have picked the colors that I'm looking at for Spring 2015 (above).  More on this bangle later!

No comments:

Pantone Color of 2024: Peach Fuzz Bracelet and Huggie Earrings

I usually like to do something with the Pantone Color of the year when it comes out, this year is Peach Fuzz, which doesn't feel very e...