Monday, September 8, 2014

Japan Vacation: Sikoku

Make sure to take the time to reserve train seats with the JR Pass, a whole car to myself from Hiroshima to Matsuyama.


On this train I couldn't figure out why people where taking photos and stopped standing outside with children waving at the train....they have cartoon trains!


The APA Hotel in Matsuyama leaves paper cranes.


I went to Matsuyama to check out the Dogo bathhouse.

Matsuyama has streetcars which were really rather fun.

I found a wonderful textile museum/studio in Matsuyama. Mingei Iyo-Kasuri Kaikan.  Totally off the beaten path. There's a great blog post that I found about it, which I will link to later.
Shuttles excite me.

View from the train between Matsuyama and Uwajima.


Fancy crab sushimi. Yep, raw crab. Something new to mess with the tummy. ;)

No comments:

Golden Boundary Bangle [nope.]

It's interesting, a couple weeks ago at the Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild meeting I was asked if I was still making jewelry and the short an...