Saturday, October 26, 2019

Erte Inspiration 2005


I am frequently inspired by other artists and Erte happens to be a consistent one for me.  I was really focused on the simplicity of how he represented his faces and so I started this design with a face in the bottom left corner.  This is before I was using photoshop to draft my designs so I drew it out on the floor of my 1 bedroom apartment in Boulder, Colorado and went from there.  I think if I had been using a computer for this design, it would have turned out a bit different.


I was using leftover hand dyed rayon for the base of this Theo Moorman weaving, the design portion is cotton and rayon chenille which gives Theo Moorman Inlay a great texture.


This piece is currently on view at the Haslett Library through the end of October 2019, but I'm looking forward to having it back home in m bedroom, it's usually one of the first things that I see when I wake up in the morning.


No comments:

Yes, And weaving update; Half Way

I am just about to the half way point on "Yes, And" which is in the the yellow weft, the brightest color in the middle of 9 differ...