Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Art History Daydream 2002?

Art History Daydream by Jenny Schu

The title of this piece comes from the fact that the original image I worked off of was a doodle in the corner of my Chinese Art History lecture notes.  I was working a lot in Theo Moorman inlay weaving and this is one of my favorite pieces I've done in that technique.

Detail

The base layer is plain weave black rayon and the colored inlay is a mix of different chenille.  This piece measures 31.5 inches long by 33 inches wide.

My favorite response to this piece is from one of my Kinder-campers one of the years I was teaching art camp.  There was a teacher's show and I had submitted this piece.  In class he came up to me and told me that he could see dragons in my weaving.  

No comments:

Pantone Color of 2024: Peach Fuzz Bracelet and Huggie Earrings

I usually like to do something with the Pantone Color of the year when it comes out, this year is Peach Fuzz, which doesn't feel very e...