Monday, October 26, 2015

Interlochen Workshop: Two Drop Peyote Class Projects

At the beginning of October I taught a workshop up at Interlochen for thier adult programming classes. This time we worked in 2-drop peyote stitch to create bracelets.

Here's my student's fantastic pieces:







I always encourage my students to start going with one color and we can switch, start talking designs and color play once getting the stitch down.  Stripes are the easiest to play with and count, but I also love the random movement shapes in the lavender and read bangle and the check design that plays out in the grey and yellow one.

I actually used the check design in the Bugle Bead variation of this stitch that I made after I taught this class.

Finishing work! 


No comments:

Playing with Fire (Small Weaving)

I doodled these matches back in 2015. I had gotten divorced, I was out a lot and "playing with fire" was feeling like the best des...