Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Two Drop Peyote Stitch Variation


I was teaching two-drop peyote stitch at Interlochen at the beginning of this month.  When I get the class going on the stitch, I start talking about the various ways this stitch can be used.  I feel like every time I get going talking about this stitch, it gets my creative juices going as to how I should be using this stitch.


One of the ideas that I have always talked about is integrating bugle beads in with this stitch.  I finally decided to do so.  


The check-patterning is actually inspired by one of my students from this class.  Once she got the stitch down, she got right into playing with alternating beads.

Bugle Two-Drop Bracelet $55.00


Finishing this bracelet was a little new for me.  Due to the wide spacing of the bugle beads, I couldn't stitch in loops as I normally would. I found this gunmetal slide clasp in my supplies and figured out how to attach it.  I'm really hapy with how this turned out.

No comments:

Playing with Fire (Small Weaving)

I doodled these matches back in 2015. I had gotten divorced, I was out a lot and "playing with fire" was feeling like the best des...