Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Angelwood Gallery Earring Request and Fiber 577


While I was away at my artist's residency a few things went on the back burner that I'm catching up on today.  Angelwood Gallery in Grand Rapids Ohio requested that I send more earrings.  I met Julie, the owner and consequently ended up carrying my jewelry at her gallery through the Fiber 577 Exhibit last year. 


I am preparing to ship the three pieces that were accepted into this year's Fiber 577 Exhibit and since Julie does the unpacking of work I'm adding in these 4 pairs of earrings for Angelwood Gallery too.  I haven't made earrings in a while!  As I was going through my teal beads the teal with gold polka dots accent beads were calling to me so I put them in a dark gold pod. I may have to make myself a pair to keep.

Fiber 577 is a weekend-long fiber exhibit running June 7 & 8. Then the artists who have accepted the invitation have their piece go over to Angelwood Gallery. Brittany and I attended the private showing for the artists last year and had a great time at the show and in Perrysburg, Ohio!


The other item that I'm catching up on is preparing for my class on Saturday.  I'm really excited that the class is ending up larger than I had anticipated so I'm making sure to have plenty of different beads for purchase, samples and my print-outs.  I feel that it's good to give printed instructions to my students, but I have noticed that we very rarely use them. I'm much more of a hands-on instructor.  The St. Petersburg Chain is a really cool stitch, and although the class is for making a bracelet, one student has asked about starting a necklace, which we can do . I may not get to posting a blog about the options this week, maybe a follow-up on what this class's extended options are.  If you're interested in signing up, you can do so online at Interlochen's Website HERE.


No comments:

Playing with Fire (Small Weaving)

I doodled these matches back in 2015. I had gotten divorced, I was out a lot and "playing with fire" was feeling like the best des...