So far I've made approximately 120 masks. I have set aside my weaving and beadwork for a few months but I'm getting back to those this week.
I never have much of an excuse to buy or use fabric (last time was for the River Terrace Church Installation) and this has been a nice little break on these quicker projects. As I've been mask making, my desire to make some more fun ones stirred. I reached out to another local artist who makes patches for some special order Star Trek insignias. I ordered a few Next Generation and Original to play with. The first mask I made with these is Original Star Trek science/medical blue, complete with the gold rick rack.
In the next ones I'm going to move the insignia and rick rack out to the sides a little further from the middle but all in all I was happy with how this one turned out.
The next Star Trek mask is a Next Generation command red. I did move the insignia out to the side more and I like it better. I also felt it needed a black piece of fabric to jazz it up a little like the collars on the uniforms rather then having just the insignia on red fabric.
I couldn't help myself when I saw the below red holographic dragon scale fabric. This mask is thick, and very warn with the black satin lining, but I don't mind wearing the masks and I really love how this one turned out for something fancier.
Seams Fabric in East Lansing has also been giving me an excuse to but some more fun fabric. The below print I've been looking at for a while, but I have had no reason to buy this fabric. I toyed with using it as the header for our bed, but it was way too busy. At least I can make masks out of it! (Don't get me wrong, there's a lot to be made with fabric, but I just can't make up new projects for patterns I love).