Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Squared Bangle in Yellow Variation


I finished this piece a few months ago but keep forgetting to blog about it.  I keep thinking I had already because I've been wearing it a lot.  I guess I had first crested this design in 2010 with the first bangle inspired by a dress/tuinc piece that I had bought.  The blog post about that one can be found HERE


The original was a 4 pattern repeat in design but I had not repeated the colors.  This bangle (and the one I made over the holidays this past year) do repreat in color.  I like them both ways, the color repeating is easier to do and keep track of but sometimes I just have to use as meany different color beads and finishes as I possibly can.  



The original earring design for this bangle was a large square and small square with uneven edges, I decided to go a different route and just pull my basic sized eearring from the original bangle design itself and I think it is a much more successful design.  

No comments:

Golden Boundary Bangle [nope.]

It's interesting, a couple weeks ago at the Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild meeting I was asked if I was still making jewelry and the short an...