Friday, December 7, 2012

I have a Billboard!!!!


Ok, so it's not the best photo, but I wasn't prepared to trudge through the field and muck to get closer to my billboard.  But I have a billboard!  I can't possibly try to hide my excitement. How is this possible? The Arts Council of Greater Lansing of course.

It's a year by year basis where they team up with Adams Advertising to get billboards up for artists via the Arts Council. They call it the "Art in the Sky" program.  It's offered to the artists who have received the Individual Artist's Grant (all of them, including past grantees), so when I got the email that they were doing Art in the Sky again, I jumped on the opportunity.

The photo is a grouping of my bangles, taken by Luke Anthony Photography.  I have gotten so much use out of the photo shoot that Luke did for me, I can't want to get my larger pieces done for him to take more photos.

So if you're tooling around Lansing, go north/east on I-69 (coming from I-96), or you can see it off of West Grand River (that's where I parked on the side of the road for the above photo).  Here's where it is on google maps: https://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=42.784236907958984,-84.66547393798828

 
This activity is made possible by the Arts Council of Greater Lansing

4 comments:

Rebecca Mezoff said...

This is so very very awesome. I can only hope at some point in my life to have a billboard.

Jenny Schu said...

Thanks Rebecca! We have a wonderful Artc Council here in Lansing. They make lots of things happen :)

Theresa Henderson said...

How cool! Great seeing you yesterday. Your work is awesome!

Jenny Schu said...

Thanks Theresa! good to see you too.

Yes, And: Second Sample and Checker Colors

Before I got going on the full-sized weaving for " Yes, And " I tried a second sample warp with a little bit of color in the black...