Wednesday, March 14, 2012

ACGL Artist Grant: Intro

I am SO excited to announce that I am one of the 2012 Grantees for the Arts Council of Greater Lansing's Individual Artist Grant!  I have been involved with the Greater Lansing Arts Council for some time now with the Taste of Art and Life event, I did a workshop for Social Media for Artists, and am an ongoing artist-member.  This is the first grant I have ever applied to, and I can already feel it encouraging me to open new doors with my work.
The Individual Artist's Grant has two major components to it. 1) Community level of involvement and 2) the Project presented should be opening new doors and move your art into a new realm for you as an artist.

With this, I will be creating jewelry mainly by special order and focusing most of my time on my larger proposed pieces.  I will be moving my beadweaving into larger-scale pieces for exhibition purposes and making it play with my weavings and intergrating it into found objects.  All of these pieces will speak to each other as a final exhibit in March 2013, but each piece will have it's own unique voice and background biography.

I will be trying my best to keep constant updates here on my blog which you can access through my website www.jennyschu.com also.  I'm one of those artists who usually has a number of pieces going at the same time so I'll have plenty to share.

Along with my blog posts I invite you to join me when I am out beading in public.  Follow me on Facebook under my artist link: Jenny Schu  or on Twitter under JennySchu4.  I'll try to post where I'll be a day ahead, but sometimes I'll be last minute.  Don't be afraid to introduce yourself to me!  Also follow the #LansingArts hash tag and the Arts Council of Greater Lansing for extra info going on in the Lansing Arts scene!

No comments:

Pantone Color of 2024: Peach Fuzz Bracelet and Huggie Earrings

I usually like to do something with the Pantone Color of the year when it comes out, this year is Peach Fuzz, which doesn't feel very e...