Sunday, October 30, 2011

Post Halloween Post: Freddie Mercury Accessory


My flash of brilliance for my Halloween Costume this year came while watching old music videos being shown on network TV.  There was a slew of Queen videos and Queen is my all time favorite band.  I decided had to be Freddie for Halloween.  I started a google images search and they make a costume from the Wembley Stadium Concert, but that's not really what comes to mind for me when I think of Freddie.  Something in spandex or white pants and a sweet leather jacket were more what came to mind, with a sash and a wife beater.


He wore a lot of wrist bands, and since I wasn't going to be making much of my outfit, I decided to bead one with him in mind, not just copying one that he had (normally solid or stripes).  I decided to keep it simple but use red antique beads and make a lightening bolt down the center of it.


(Me and Zack at our party)



I finished it off with black leather lacing up the back of it instead of trying to integrate a clasp.  This helped with the theme of the outfit.  All in all, I think it was a success!




(The dancing photo was the only one someone got without my leather jacket on! Thanks Megan!)

No comments:

Yes, And: Second Sample and Checker Colors

Before I got going on the full-sized weaving for " Yes, And " I tried a second sample warp with a little bit of color in the black...