Thursday, January 6, 2011

Vintage Button Bracelet

I blogged a while back about wandering around Old Town Lansing and the great places that are there, one of them being Lamb's Gate Antiques.  I picked through and bought a ton of their vintage glass buttons in all shapes and sizes. They were so interesting and I figured one day I would think "where did I see those vintage glass buttons? I could really use them for ::blank:: project."  I have done this many times over the years of creating and coming up with new projects so I try not to pass on things that I may not be able to track down on the Internet later.



Originally this bracelet was supposed to be a necklace to go with a dress that I purchased at Grace (also in Old Town) for Holiday 2010.  I couldn't get it to lay well around the neck but I was really married to the idea of using the button on it.  On top of that, it started to look really busy with the dress so I decided no-harm no-foul, I'll shorten it some and wear it as a bracelet.  I really like how it turned out, and of course, I made the earrings to match.  Both pieces have purple swarovski crystal accents.  The earrings are 3 inches long from the top of the earwire and the bracelet is 15 inches long and is made to wrap around twice.

1 comment:

Jane Reiter said...

Pretty Pretty My Pretty!!

Neon with Muted Greens and Tan Jewelry Multi Loop Checker Earrings and Bangle

Between perusing Pinterest for current color ideas and watching the movie  Poor Things  I had the urge to play more with the neon green-yell...