Tuesday, August 25, 2009

New Addition to my Fall/Winter line...


I've been a very productive beader lately and I thought I'd share my newest design. I'm partially focusing on a color theme and hope to edge into some "bigger is better" designs, but I like to keep up the smaller ones for affordability.

I'm calling this new one "Hive 1." I can already see the bee-hive hexagons becoming a trend in some of my upcoming doodles-turned-beadwork, and this will bee the beeginning. :)

The tan color in this piece was originally ordered for the wine glasses that I made for the Guild Exhibit this past August and I fell in love with it. I had to order more and had to make a design that I could utilize it in. It has a faint gold essence to it which made me wander to one of my traditional inspirations: honey bees and their hives. Long story short- my father has kept bee hives since I was little and I love them. I even used this subject matter as my final project/piece in my "Science Art and Spirituality" class in college. It's no surprise that the honeycomb applies so well to peyote stitch.

I hope you love this new one as much as I do, I'm even making earrings to match!
(I apologize for the lousy lighting in these, I'll get better ones...I was just so excited about getting this one out and showing it!)

Yes, And: Second Sample and Checker Colors

Before I got going on the full-sized weaving for " Yes, And " I tried a second sample warp with a little bit of color in the black...