I happened to already have an earring design that I did years ago that would compliment the feel of this print, so I pulled it out along with some tubes of seed bead color ideas and started in. The first earring I wasn't happy with (below photo lower right) and I couldn't quite pinpoint why, so I set it down for a few weeks. I realized later that the dark brown made the earring look too fall-ish. So I removed that color option and replaced it with silver and white to give it a brighter look. It worked.
Needless to say, I wore the finished pair the next day at work I was so pleased with them. Sometimes the sucess is a finiahed piece but this time it feels good that I let it sit and was willing to re-do it until I got the feel that I initially wanted.