Sunday, March 18, 2018

Ginkgo Leaf Bangle 1


This Ginkgo Leaf Bangle came about in some planning for My Arts night Out with Rhea at Old Town General Store.  I've been thinking that making some pieces specially for this event would break me out of the more basic designs I've been doing.  So I asked Rhea what her favorite plants were and Ginkgo was the first one she said without skipping a beat. 


I've only worn this bangle out once, today it juried into the Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild's Runway Show for Fiber Feast.  I'll have it back by May 4th though for First Friday's Art Night Out.  


I really enjoyed playing with the shapes and colors of this design and I imagine I'll be using it again soon.  


The next bangle(s) I'm making for My Arts Night Out are leaning towards Old Town General Store's Michigan theme with some Michigan Cherries.


(Photo shoot from yesterday where Clark is trying 
very hard to not jump in the light box or push beads on the floor.)


No comments:

Playing with Fire (Small Weaving)

I doodled these matches back in 2015. I had gotten divorced, I was out a lot and "playing with fire" was feeling like the best des...