Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pheonix Feather (Peacock Feather in Red/Purple)

Phoenix Feather Bangle $320
 
Where to start...
My Peacock feather design originally came about a number of years ago based on a request from my customer Sally.  She has come up with some great ideas (including the leopard print bangle).  Due to the amount of detail I wanted to include in the design it turned out pretty large.  Sally has the original Peacock Feather Bangle in greens, I made another one (in greens, slightly different) and it sold this year through the Lansing Art Gallery.
 
I have been bouncing around making a Phoenix feather and an albino one.  Since I've been into reds lately I went with the Phoenix Feather idea.

 
 
Because this piece doesn't repeat at all, and all of the edging, it takes me long enough to where I lost count of the hours...again.  You can see this piece right now in person at Grove Gallery.  I have switched the case to reds/purples for fall.  This could change, so pay attention to my updates!


5 comments:

Kana Sofer said...

I ran across your peacock feather on Pinterest and must say I'm in love. I wondered if you've considered selling a pattern. It is the best peacock feather design I have seen in 20+ years of doing beadwork and would really like to make one myself. If you've considered pattern sales could you let me know how to make such a purchase and at what cost. I would be delighted if you'd consider this option whether a downloadable file or a "snail-mail" printed pattern. Again, it's simply the best I've seen.
Thank You,
Brian

Jenny Schu said...

Brian,
Thank you for you interest in my beadwork. At this time I do not sell my patterns. If I ever do I'll make sure to keep you in mind.
-Jenny

Unknown said...

If you ever decide to sell your patterns I would love to know. The peacock feather is amazing. Since I turned 60 the phoenix has become my symbol and I would love to make it in the phoenix colors. -Debbee

Jenny Schu said...

Debbee, I'm glad you like my pattern, I'm not sure I'll ever actually get around to selling my patterns, they would be a bear to clean up to follow and trying to do directions on top of it would be very difficult.

Rene said...

I LOVE your peacock feather design and would LOVE to buy your pattern. You wouldn't need directions. Just sell your chart. Thank you for considering this. Rene

Neon with Muted Greens and Tan Jewelry Multi Loop Checker Earrings and Bangle

Between perusing Pinterest for current color ideas and watching the movie  Poor Things  I had the urge to play more with the neon green-yell...