Thursday, July 5, 2012

Uprooted I, part 1


Of my large grant projects, I have been working on two at the same time.  Structurally they are very different.  "She can't see the forest through the trees" has many portions of it that I can work on while I am on the move.  "Uprooted I" does not.  It's pretty focused to being beaded, drilled into and sanded while I am at home because of it's awkward shape and some fragile parts that don't travel well.

If you've been following me on any social media, you've probably had an opportunity to see a photo of this 3-D beaded undulating tentacle that I have been working on for some time.  The first one is finished and has a spot in it's root-base.  The second beaded piece is well on its way.


I have been collecting and saving large roots for bases and starting points to make beaded sculptures.  The grant that I received from the Arts Council is the push I needed to start in on these pieces because, well, they're large and very time consuming.  I'm glad to finally be working on them!!!!

No comments:

Yes, And weaving update; Half Way

I am just about to the half way point on "Yes, And" which is in the the yellow weft, the brightest color in the middle of 9 differ...