Thursday, May 24, 2012

Jewelry, I have not been slacking


I know that I've been slacking on the blog posting, but, it's because my hands have been very busy with beading and weaving and more beading.

After spending 2 days with the Needlework and Textile Guild of Michigan, then the Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild Fiber Feast, I was left with commissions to do and very little stock.  I tried to finish up a few things for The Taste of Art and Life with the Arts Council of Greater Lansing, two of those new pieces I didn't even have time to photograph before they sold (I took a quick photo of the hair clip on it's way out to remind myself I did make it, and the pendant was purchased by someone I know!) The next place you'll have an opportunity to shop my jewelry (outside of what I have at Grove Gallery and the Lansing Art Gallery) will be at the Lansing Art Gallery for my Trunk Show and Artist's Discussion on June 15th.  So in between my commissions and my big grant pieces I have been taking breaks to make jewelry to keep my stock in tact.

My cluster earrings have been flying off the displays, so I made a white version:

I'm missing the pearl bangle that I made for my birthday which is now living at the Lansing Art Gallery so I made a white one with coin pearls:

I am having a hard time keeping the lariat necklaces in stock:

The leaf bracelets that clasp have also been a big hit:


And of course Earrings Earrings Earrings! Why? Because they're one size fits all and we always need more:

No comments:

Playing with Fire (Small Weaving)

I doodled these matches back in 2015. I had gotten divorced, I was out a lot and "playing with fire" was feeling like the best des...