Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Bike Bracelet Sample and a new finished Piece!


Following up from my last post, I finally finished the sample for my bicycle bracelet. I'm wavering on it. I think this is one of those designs that will grow on me once I wear the finished bracelet a few times. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Moving on.....

I did finish a new bracelet that I am in LOVE with. The colors are smooth and don't quite pop as drastically as normal, so I am having a hard time getting a good picture. It's called "Forefathers." I designed it on a flight home from D.C. almost two years ago and it then sat for a while. Although the design itself does not scream early American architecture, I began drawing it out with the idea of tabbaco leaves being a constant design element in the ornament of many of the buildings including the Capital. It's another larger cuff and has a different curl to it than some of my other ones. I will eventually get a better piture, but check it out:



1 comment:

Kélé said...

I like the colors in the 'Forefathers' bracelet. Can't wait for your Etsy shop.

Yes, And: Second Sample and Checker Colors

Before I got going on the full-sized weaving for " Yes, And " I tried a second sample warp with a little bit of color in the black...